Thursday's activity will always be one you can do inside.
You will need: A plastic see through bottle, a marker pen to write on the bottle, a ruler, a pair of scissors, a few stones.
- Place your bottle on the table and collect the scissors.
- Ask your grown up to cut the top off the bottle, or check with your grown up that they are happy for you to do this yourself.
- Place some stones in the bottom of the bottle (these will help weigh the bottle down and stop it blowing over).
- Draw a line at the top point of the stones. Write 0 next to it.
- Use a ruler hold it up vertically to the side of the bottle.
- Measuring from 0, draw a line each at each cm up to the top of the bottle (from 1-10 cm. 0 starts at the bottom and 10 goes at the top point.)
- Pour water into the bottle until it reaches the bottom of the stones/point 0.
- Put your rain gauge outside where it can collect water when it starts raining.
You can use this weather worksheet from Twinkl to track the amount of rain each day when the weather changes!
Don't forget to mail us with your rain measurements at the next rainfall - we will post up all the different areas so you can compare.